Firmware upgrade for SM200P81, current firmware version 2.4.22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware upgrade for SM200P81, current firmware version 2.4.22

Hello--I have SM200P81 soldered on a sensor board and the default UART is connected with another MCU's UART. The current firmware version 2.4.22. How can I upgrade the firmware using a serial link since OTA is not activated.

Thanks

There may be an option I am not thinking of. Do you have test points on your product where you can hold the second MCU in reset and then access the UART1 pins? If so you can still upgrade via the UART1. I am not sure there are any other options, but will check.

Comment

Originally posted by jamos View Post
      There may be an option I am not thinking of. Do you have test points on your product where you can hold the second MCU in reset and then access the UART1 pins? If so you can still upgrade via the UART1. I am not sure there are any other options, but will check.
      Hi-Thanks for your comment. Actually the RESET pin for the MCU and SM200P81 are connected. I had to erase the MCU to upgrade SM200P81 on board. It did worked. I'm not sure if the new firmware allows OTA upgrade yet.

Comment

If you upgraded to the latest firmware, then OTA upgrades are available.

On older bootloader's the upgrade can take a couple mins after the image has been transferred. Don't remove power during this time. The node will seem unresponsive while updating.

Comment

X