Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL232K wireless rs232 connection issue

Hi everybody

Having an issue with a connection , with direct rs232 cable or usb to rs232 I can connect to the controller with no issues ,when I connect to the snaplink unit the "C" led doesn't light up but will if I connect directly from the pc to the box .

Ive looked at the pinout and its only wired for pin 2 ,3 and 5 so TX RX and ground . Is there a way to get it to work without CTS and RTS ?
    Last edited by megajoe; 04-09-2014, 02:03 PM.

Not sure I follow your setup exactly but it sounds like you may need a null modem connector to your "controller" seeing how when you connect to a PC LED C comes on.
    Last edited by gvoce; 04-09-2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I have it connected to an aftermarket engine management system .

Thanks for pointer gvoce , looks like I might have to make a "loop back handshaking " null modem cable to trick the snap link into communicating
      Last edited by megajoe; 04-09-2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by megajoe View Post
        Ive looked at the pinout and its only wired for pin 2 ,3 and 5 so TX RX and ground . Is there a way to get it to work without CTS and RTS ?

Sounds like @gvoce has the answers for you on the reason this won't talk. However, I thought I'd mention that you don't have to have hardware flow control (RTS/CTS) for a SNAP Link to work. Flow-control is a software controlled option (see the EasySet PC software and/or SNAP Link User's Guide for more info)
        sigpic
        Proven Solutions for the Internet of Things
        www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

Eventually got it it running , had to bridge the RTS and CTS to active the rs232 port and had to do a cross over or pin swap on the TX and RX pin .

Thanks all for the help

Comment

X