COM3: Unable to open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COM3: Unable to open

I have a DK-200 development kit. I loaded the LinkQualityRanger.py that came with Portal onto the RF266. It froze and will no longer connect. I get a 'COM3: Unable to open' and 'An error occurred while setting up the serial port' on the Portal event log and my mouse freezes until I remove the RF266 from the USB port. If I plug the RF266 back in, I get a COM3: read error and 'No SNAP bridge Device found. Is there a way to reset the RF266?
    (You really should keep these things out of the hands of newbies)

You loaded the wrong script on the wrong device. You will need to erase the script from the RF266 using Portal.

Comment

Portal won't connect and doesn't see it. The Connect to Port dialogue box reads 'No SNAP Bridge Device found' in the progress line. I get the following errors on the event log: 'COM3: Unable to open' and 'An error occurred while setting up the serial port'. Is there another way to get to the RF266? I'm not sure if it is standard, but the RF266 is on an XBee Explorer dongle.
      Last edited by Cathy_Hanna; 08-24-2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

That is expected since you have loaded the wrong script on the RF266. Do not try to connect simply select "erase SNAPpy image" from the drop down menu, use the reset button on the USB adapter board that the RF266 is plugged into

Comment

That worked. Thank you, very much.

Comment

X