Change SS200 channel via SnapConnect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change SS200 channel via SnapConnect

I am writing a script to attempt to change all the channels of all found devices. The logic works for everything except the SS200 that is acting as the bridge. The intended use is:

Come in with a laptop with a SS200 plugged in via USB

1. Mesh network already set up on channel Y
    2. Determine that channel Y is no good
    3. Change mesh network to use channel X

The problem is I cannot change the SS200's channel along with the mesh network because there is no SetChannel() available in SnapConnect. I tried using rpc(localAddr(), "SetChannel", X) and mcastRpc(1,1,"SetChannel", X), but neither seem to work. I don't know if this has something to do with the SS200 having potentially a different network address such as 12.34.56 rather than the 00.00.20 that is used from SnapConnect. I tried rpc("\x12\x34\x56", "SetChannel", X) and that didn't work either.

So, what can I do to change the channel of my SS200 that is just plugged into a laptop that is coming in to the mesh network?

I don't think I want to put this on an E10 because I need my application to manage and do other things. This channel switching will just be 1 function of my application.

This is using SnapConnect 3.1.0

See if this post helps .....

/...etwork+channel

Comment

I did see that thread before I posted, it's where I got the ideas to rpc the various ways to attempt to change the channel, however nothing worked. Could it be because in that thread he was using an E10 and I am using SS200?

My call that matches his successful call is failing:
      comm.rpc("\x05\xF6\x6D", "setChannel", 6)

I obtained that network ID via portal, it should be the same stick I am connecting to via SnapConnect (although not at the same time to avoid conflicts).

Comment

Working...
      X