Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SM700 Firmware upgrade says demo

Hi,
    I've recently upgraded portal to v2.4.31, then upgraded the firmware to v2.4.21. the .sfi file was called SM700_DEMO_SnapV2.4.21.sfi.

Q1 Can you clarify why it is called demo? How do I get the real firmware please?

Q2 The License of the device now says "Temporary 24 Reboots left". This has sort of dampened further development. It didn't use to say this before the upgrade, can someone explain how this has happened?
    Last edited by kactamus; 12-23-2011, 05:25 PM.

kactamus,

The same answer applies to both of your questions. Demo firmware is a way to allow folks to demo the SNAP code before buying a full license. It is similar to trials with PC programs. The demo firmware will disable full functionality after 25 reboots, but can be reloaded to restart the countdown.

The SM700 build is unique to other platforms and thus a full version of the .SFI cannot be included with the freely available Portal IDE.

I will directly email a copy of the update.
    sigpic
    Proven Solutions for the Internet of Things
    www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

Thanks for the update, it did the trick. fantastic.

Comment

Never mind, I found the .sfi file in another post: http://forums.synapse-wireless.com/s...7&postcount=27

Hi,

Could you please email me the latest non-demo SM700.sfi file? I have the latest portal from the web, 2.4.31.

Thanks,
        Jim
        Last edited by jkelleher; 02-11-2012, 07:48 PM. Reason: Found my own answer

Comment

SM700 Firmware

Can you please email me the latest non DEMO firmware for SM700 modules.
          I have most recent Portal 2.4.31.

Kind Regards
          John_L

Comment

X