Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synapse Newbie - RF300 questions

Hello,

I am new to synapse development. A company I am consulting for will be using the RF300 modules. Their requirement is to have a main rf300 module multi-cast to n-number of modules. Each individual module should also have the ability to communicate with the main module.

I spoke to a Synapse rep last week and got information on "Snap Connect". However the company I am consulting does not want to use "Snap Connect". I've been told that snappy scripts exist that be loaded on the units to support the multi-casting and individual unit communication.

Here are my questions:

1) Does any one know where I can get these scripts from?
    2) My assumption here is that I can write code that can be pushed via serial or USB and the scripts work their magic? (my implementation is xp based)

If anyone can provide information or point me in a direction it will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Mirko

Mirko,

Each SNAP device already possess the ability to send and receive multicast and unicast RPCs. What SNAP connect brings to the table is an easy way to place that functionality within your own custom GUI (or embedded OS).

You can always interact with an RF Engine connected to your PC via serial port. All this would entail is adding code to crossConnect one of the UARTs to Standard I/O on your engine. You can then create your own little serial command set (write strings back and forth that you can parse and interpret however you see fit). There are a number of other post discussing this topic and the SNAP Reference Manual has all the details regarding cross-Connects.

Example threads:
    http://forums.synapse-wireless.com/s...ead.php?t=1881
    http://forums.synapse-wireless.com/s...ead.php?t=1898

Portal comes with two example scripts that can serve as a starting point - CommandLine.py and gpsNmea.py.
    Last edited by Jheath; 12-18-2011, 05:46 PM.
    sigpic
    Proven Solutions for the Internet of Things
    www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

BTW, any reason why they do not want to use SNAP Connect? It is the most efficient, robust and fastest way to interact with SNAP networks.

In other words, the time saved by using SNAP Connect more than makes up for any costs.
      sigpic
      Proven Solutions for the Internet of Things
      www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

Working...
      X