X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep or stay awake?

Hello,

I am trying to save consumption using "sleep"
    Has anyone experiences how long it takes to go in sleep-mode or to wake up?
    My device is counting impulses. I need this information to know how many impulses can be count worth using the sleep-mode.

Thank you

---------

P.S. Sorry for your inconvenience reading my funny English.

sleep

What module are you using?

How long does it take the Synapse RF engine (RF100) to wake up from sleep?Less than 10 ms, because it is asleep not OFF.

Going to sleep is just as fast, not sure I have an actual measurement, but from personal testing of sleep modes.

Please note that when you tell a module to go to sleep any non-blocking functions will not be executed until back awake. for example, lets say you are doing a print statement and then want to go to sleep after the print. If you issue the print statement followed by the sleep command then the print will not be executed because you went to sleep.

Comment

sleep

I am using a PAN4561. Even when it takes double times of a RF100 to wake up it is fast enough for me. Even more when sleep() nearly doesn't cost any time.

Thank you for your fast answer!

Comment

The SNAP Reference Manual has all the performance metrics related to each of the SNAP supported platforms.

Since the PAN4561 use a similar chip-set (Freescale MC13213) to the RF100, the numbers will be the same.
        sigpic
        Proven Solutions for the Internet of Things
        www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

X