SNAP Communication timeout on mac portal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNAP Communication timeout on mac portal

Ive got a pressing problem on my hands. I am using portal on my macbook air. I have the EK2100 kit.

I converted my snapstick to Virtual COM Port, and successfully uploaded the driver to be able to read it correctly. (You have to do this for mac apparently)

This is the forum I followed to do all of this stuff up to now. http://forums.synapse-wireless.com/showthread.php?t=716

Installed "thevUSBtoUART" driver. And this is what I pasted into my connection box "/dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART"

Everything seemed to work fine. It connected to the stick and the node. I can see that on the command line. The only problem is that when I try to upload a SNAPpy Image, it works for half a second then basically shuts down on me. It comes up with "SNAP Communication timeout" every 5 seconds finally ending in

"2011-07-12 11:16:10 Node 40BC7 failed uploading SNAPpy image"

I have narrowed it down to it being a problem with the snapstick. But why is it doing this to me?
    Is it because I a using the mac portal and it's not familiar with it?
    Or is it because I changed the stick to Virtual COM Port that it is not working?

Thank you,
    Tyler

MAC OS, Portal,

Is it because I a using the mac portal and it's not familiar with it? no

Or is it because I changed the stick to Virtual COM Port that it is not working? no

Should work, have you tried a script upload using the proto board?

Comment

Same problem here

Hi, I have the same problem, Portal says "SNAP Communication Timeout".
      I haven't managed to get a single script upload so far

Comment

Moved to windows

I just moved to windows and with the same usb stick the upload works ...
        Last edited by pisuke; 01-11-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

installation issues

sounds like a driver issue on the other setup. what is the setup? Are you using a MAC also?

Comment

Portal on Mac

Yes, the other setup is a Macbook Pro. I have followed the instructions here:
            http://www.synthetos.com/blog/howto-...pse-rf-engine/ and installed the VCP drivers for both Windows and Mac linked here:
            http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/p...cpdrivers.aspx
            The Windows ones work, the Mac ones don't seem to work ...

Comment

What version of MAC OS are you running? Have you converted your stick to a Virtual Comm Port (VCP)?
              sigpic
              Proven Solutions for the Internet of Things
              www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

Mac OS version and drivers

Yes, I have installed these drivers and converted the port as suggested.
                My Mac OS version is 10.6.8.

Comment

X