E10 Python version updates ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E10 Python version updates ?

We're wanting to do some more formal unit testing on our E10 ("linux side") code. The unittest2 package has been backported to work with the new unittest features in Python 2.7, but we feel it'd just be easier to update our Python to use Python 2.7 so we get the better unittest features for free, without all the trouble of using unittest2 (loading it onto our E10, importing it, etc.)

Are there any gotchas and/or can someone explain what would be the easiest (least headache producing) way to update our E10 boxes to use Python 2.7.x versions (rather than the 2.6.5 that comes on them)?

We would prefer to run our tests on an actual E10, rather than just on a PC (and have to manage/deal with different Python versions on our dev PCs vs. the E10s, etc.)

Thanks,
    Joop & Brad

Please forgive my ignorance,

Does a raw python install require you to compile it? If so, the E10 does not have the dev tools (make, gcc, etc) on it.

Not supported by Synapse:
    I built and released a toolchain for the E10 at http://forums.synapse-wireless.com/s...ead.php?t=1511

I will tell you right now, cross-compiling is not easy, but it is not terribly difficult either. Someone from Synapse Wireless would have to answer the question of would the E10_Snap.zip work with a different version of python.

-JC

Comment

E10 / Pyhton 2.7

You are playing in uncharted territory, I am not aware of anyone that has tried Python 2.7 on the E10.

Comment

X