Disconnected from the SNAPconnect Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnected from the SNAPconnect Server

I am using a snap RF engine to control an HVAC system by sending it rpc commands wirelessly through SNAPconnect running on a laptop. I am using a SNAP Stick as the base station through which to send the commands. After running for a while, the control code crashes with the following stack trace:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./strawmanController.py", line 956, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
    File "./strawmanController.py", line 953, in main
    myFunctions.mainLoop()
    File "./strawmanController.py", line 924, in mainLoop
    self.updateOpLog()
    File "./strawmanController.py", line 569, in updateOpLog
    dampersClosed = getattr(self.thermostat, 'probe' + re.sub(r'\s','',room))()
    File "/usr/local/smarthome/zoningController/snapThermostat.py", line 517, in probeKitchen
    state = self.func_WaitOnEvent(TIMEOUT, 'probeKitchen')
    File "/usr/local/smarthome/zoningController/snapThermostat.py", line 948, in func_WaitOnEvent
    eventResp = self.server.waitOnEvent(ourAddr, False, None, None, timeout)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1199, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1489, in __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1253, in request
    return self._parse_response(h.getfile(), sock)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1392, in _parse_response
    return u.close()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 838, in close
    raise Fault(**self._stack[0])
    xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault 200: 'The underlying connection was closed'>
    Disconnected from the SNAPconnect server

I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this or how I can fix the problem. Any help in rectifying this issue will be greatly appreciated. If you need anymore information from my end, please let me know. Thanks.

This appears to be related to a firewall or other security device cutting off the underlying connection. Are you running a windows firewall?

Is your SNAP Connect server open in the tool bar?
    sigpic
    Proven Solutions for the Internet of Things
    www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jheath View Post
      This appears to be related to a firewall or other security device cutting off the underlying connection. Are you running a windows firewall?

Is your SNAP Connect server open in the tool bar?
      It is all running in Ubuntu and as far as I know there is no firewall running.

What tool bar are you referring to? Checking the running processes using ps aux | grep SNAPconnect shows that the server is running:

Code:
      smarthome@smarthome2:/usr/local/smarthome/snappyBasestation/SNAPconnect$ ps aux | grep SNAPconnect
      1000      6105  0.0  0.0   3960   772 pts/3    S+   14:56   0:00 grep --color=auto SNAPconnect
      root     22245  0.0  0.0   2168   604 ?        S    11:13   0:00 /usr/local/smarthome/snappyBasestation/SNAPconnect/SNAPconnect -t 1 -n 11 -c -p 8080
      root     22246  0.0  0.0   2168   604 ?        S    11:13   0:00 /usr/local/smarthome/snappyBasestation/SNAPconnect/SNAPconnect -t 1 -n 12 -c -p 8081
      root     22247  0.0  0.0   2168   596 ?        S    11:13   0:00 /usr/local/smarthome/snappyBasestation/SNAPconnect/SNAPconnect -t 1 -n 13 -c -p 8082
      root     22248 13.6  0.7  11644  8088 ?        S    11:13  30:28 /usr/local/smarthome/snappyBasestation/SNAPconnect/SNAPconnect -t 1 -n 11 -c -p 8080
      root     22249 13.5  0.7  11380  8124 ?        S    11:13  30:14 /usr/local/smarthome/snappyBasestation/SNAPconnect/SNAPconnect -t 1 -n 12 -c -p 8081
      root     22250  9.7  0.7  10988  7796 ?        S    11:13  21:49 /usr/local/smarthome/snappyBasestation/SNAPconnect/SNAPconnect -t 1 -n 13 -c -p 8082
      We have three instances of SNAPconnect because we have three SNAP sticks due to the large number of RF Engines we are communicating with. I am only concerned with the SNAPconnect on port 8081 that I use to communicate with the RF Engine controlling the HVAC.

Thanks for your help with this issue.

Comment

The icon in your tray is a status icon, but only applies to Windows installs. The error is indicating that the process is being closed out from under your app.

Does this occur if you only have the single SNAP Connect process running? Do you get the same error if you were to manually kill the SNAP Connect process with the client app running?
        sigpic
        Proven Solutions for the Internet of Things
        www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

X