Coming Soon - HD44780 LCD Controller Script for RF2xx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon - HD44780 LCD Controller Script for RF2xx

I'm working on writing an open source driver script for the common HD44780 character LCD controller around the RF2xx series radios. It's coming along nicely. Stay tuned!

The display I'm testing on is actually a 5V device that publishes Vih at 70% of 5V (3.8V), so I'm very surprised the RF220 is able to drive it under actual testing. But this should work wonderfully with 3.3V displays centered around a HD44780 or ST7066U controller.

The function base will also include a function similar to printf that will allow you to pass a string of characters to for printing an entire line with one function.

The display driver code as written operates the display in 4-bit interface mode and also includes PWM code for controlling the display contrast as well as the backlight brightness.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jon.Wilder; 05-13-2016, 06:26 PM.

Search this forum for existing LCD code

Example SNAPpy scripts lcd4bit.py and lcd8bit.py have been posted and discussed on this forum many times over the years. They may be of use to you.

Hint - the Search function is on the toolbar up above, with a little triangle next to it.

Hint - "search posts" seems more helpful than "search threads" due to it's finer granularity.

(Follow-up - Searching for "Interfacing to parallel LCDs" will work better - it appears ATTACHMENTS don't get searched)
    Last edited by kbanks; 07-19-2016, 03:48 PM. Reason: Added a better search key

Comment

X