Regaining control of radio when using sleep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regaining control of radio when using sleep

I think that a real easy improvement would be to add a set of pads to disable sleep mode. Whenever experimenting with the sleep function, regaining control of the node in Portal becomes nearly impossible and results in having a whole lot of screwing around and plugging the stupid thing into yet another board to get control over a serial port that nobody has anymore anyway.

Repeated minor tweaks to code which should take moments instead take 10s of minutes, and it is made much worse if you decide to solder the module instead of socketing it.

It is so bad that I don't even want to experiment with sleep.

A *simple* pair of pads that *simply* disable sleep would be the single best improvement you could possibly make- losing control of the radio is by far the biggest annoyance of these otherwise terrific products, and it wouldn't cost you one thin dime.

I can't get past how great it would be to simply poke a tweezer into a set of pads and have the thing stay awake for a new code upload.

Comment

You could write a new sleep function (I call mine hibernate) that checks to see if an input is low and just refuse to sleep in that case. Also set that pin for wakeup.

BoB

Comment

Originally posted by rbelli1 View Post
        You could write a new sleep function (I call mine hibernate) that checks to see if an input is low and just refuse to sleep in that case. Also set that pin for wakeup.

BoB
        I have been but I hate that it requires a pin. Of course the first few times out I didn't think to but now everything that runs on batteries gets one. Even better if it was a set of pads on the module itself that I could solder a switch to if I wanted.

Comment

Working...
        X